- 1st February - Refreshers Fair at City Campus
- 2nd February - National Girls and Women in Sports Day
- 7th February (@6:30-9) - Pizza and Film (The 8th Documentary) night - The HIVE, City Campus
- 10th February (@5-7) - Refreshed (Connecting with your communities) - The HIVE, city campus
- 18th March (@5:30-11pm) - Art Exhibition - Hyde Park Book Club
- 11th February- International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- 1st-30th March - Women’s History Month
- 9th-15th May - Mental Health awareness Week
I am so excited to announce my next project!! The Womanity Podcast! This podcast will be hosted by myself and my friend, Katelyn Adele (Level 5 Leeds Arts University Student). Discussing topics about women in the 21st century (specific topics including underdiagnosis of ADHD in women, sexuality, political movements, etc.) and women throughout history (e.g. media, sport, mental health, motherhood, idols, etc.). We plan to have the first episode ready to post for the 1st March, just in time for Women’s History Month!
My aim is to…
- Create a platform which allows members of the women’s community to get involved with discussions (e.g suggesting topics, getting involved, etc)
- Make an impact and create a strong sense of community and engagement with the women at LBSU
- Promote and discuss topics which students find interesting.
We are currently planning future topic discussions so if you have any issues or topics you would like us to discuss in general then drop me an email (email@example.com) <3
ART EXHIBITION (Supporting Women Artists)
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!!! I have planned an ART EXHIBITION at Hyde Park Book Club- 18th March @5:30-11
- If you wanted to promote your own work please contact me to discuss displaying your work at the event J
- If you simply just want to attend, please arrive anytime between 5:30-11 to appreciate, and promote the work of other students <3
- This is a great opportunity to share any art that you have personally made, my aim of this event is to promote and honour students work during Women’s History Month. SOOOOOO… if you wanted to create any art centred around Womanhood, etc., then all work is welcome
Throughout January I attended Race & Gender Equality focus groups as well as an Honours Degree Algorithm Focus Groups. These gave me the opportunity to engage with other members of LBSU and share my experience of specific topics. To benefit the needs of the women’s community, topics of discussion included:
- Is racism an issue at LBU?
- How does LBU deal with racial issues?
- Are there equal opportunities for male and females at LBU? (incl. students and staff)?
- Are women discriminated against at LBU?
- Do women at LBU express concerns? If so, how are they dealt with?
- Are students at LBU satisfied with their honour’s degree?
- How electives impact degrees
- How does LBU deal with academic concerns?
Thank you for reading my updates. As always my emails are open for if you have any questions or would like to get involved <3