Help make the “impossible” possible for children with additional needs with SNAPS. SNAPS (Special Needs and Parent Support) Yorkshire is a Leeds charity that delivers crucial physiotherapy, swimming lessons, specialised activities, a football club and holistic family support for children with additional needs and their families. Our aim is to make the ‘impossible’, possible for children with additional needs.
SNAPS (Special Needs and Parent Support) Yorkshire is a Leeds charity that delivers crucial physiotherapy, swimming lessons, specialised activities, a football club and holistic family support for children with additional needs and their families. Our aim is to make the ‘impossible’, possible for children with additional needs.
On Saturday’s children can come to SNAPS sessions at one of two Specialist Inclusive Learning Centres (SILC Schools) in Broomfield, South Leeds, and Penny Field, North Leeds. Children receive vital physiotherapy, and have the chance to play, make friends and take part in activities such as music therapy and arts and crafts. We create a place where everyone belongs and the whole family can enjoy time together in a safe and welcoming environment.
The SNAPS football club runs on Sundays. We also organise a very exciting Superhero Challenge event each year, which is a fun-run style event specifically designed for children with additional needs that gives every child the chance to feel like a superhero for the day.
From volunteering at our sessions and making families feel at home, to organising the Superhero Zoom, to writing press releases, to finding new contacts for us to work with, there are lots of opportunities for you to offer vital support to children with additional needs.
We are looking for organised individuals who can spare a few hours a week to support with various duties. Tasks will correspond to your interests, but could include;
- Volunteering at SNAPS Saturday sessions or the football club on Sundays
- Co-ordinating fundraising activities and event planning
- Supporting with newsletters and other communications
- Creation of posters and materials
- Updating social media channels
- Researching potential partners/supporters
- And much more!
What skills and experience are we looking for?
You do not need specific skills and experience but the following will be useful:
- Commitment to SNAPS values
- Ability to work within SNAPS’ policies
- Ability to deal in a tactful and professional manner with confidential information and sensitive situations.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and under own initiative.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel and the willingness to learn.
What will you gain?
- A strong connection to our cause helping children living with additional needs and their families.
- Valuable experience in the charity sector.
- Learn about SNAPS’ work and how a charity operates.
- Opportunity to utilise and develop skills in administration, event organisation, marketing or working with children and families.
- Travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with SNAPS’ policies.
- Above all you will work with a friendly team of like-minded people and make a real difference!
To find out more about our different roles get in touch with our Fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info about volunteering at Leeds Beckett Students' Union, click here.
We look forward to hearing from you!