Your Academic Experience Officer, Meg, is here to share her top tips for managing your time this exam season!
Hey, it’s Meg, your Academic Experience Officer! I'm here to give you some top tips to manage your time across deadline season!
I understand how hard it can be when you have to juggle what feels like a hundred responsibilities. Whether it’s the assignments, the third exam or the part time work, I get it! Unfortunately, the world cannot pause (as much as we would like it to) and that is when even the most basic parts of our routine can feel overwhelming.
Here are some of my top tips for managing your time this exam season to help you feel less stressed!
Top tips for managing your time
· Break or chunk your workload into manageable sections so you are not just seeing the bigger assignment brief or exam date
· Plan something fun to celebrate when you have completed your final deadline
· Take regular breaks and do something you enjoy so you are not just sat at a screen or desk all day
· Remember that it's okay to take time away from the work
· Reach out to people you trust if you feel overwhelmed or stressed – never feel that you are alone as there is always someone that will be happy to listen. If you need academic advice or support with mitigation or extenuating circumstances, you can always get in touch with our Advice Service here for free, confidential and independent advice.
I hope you find these tips useful!
I just wanted to highlight that I am proud of each and every one of you for what you have and will go on to achieve! It will be my last day at the Students’ Union on 25th May at 12pm and I just wanted to say that I have been honoured and privileged to have represented you for two years in this role and three in other student representation roles. I wish you the best of luck for the future!
If you do wish to get in touch or keep in touch in the future, you can add me on Linkedin.