If you can’t find the society you want on our A-Z list, why not set up a society of your own?
- You need to make sure the society doesn’t already exist. Check out our current societies here.
- Find two other people, besides yourself to take up the leadership roles of president, secretary and treasurer.
- Then fill in the pack and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will then be invited to a meeting with the societies coordinator to go through the pack, answer any questions and let you know what happens next
- You will then be invited to the next society forum meeting (which usually occur every two weeks in term time) to put forward your proposal and answer any questions.
- You will receive an e-mail within a week of the forum to let you know if your society has been ratified.
- If it has, you will then be invited to a society induction or training day and after that your society is official and you can start running your society! If it hasn’t you will be given full support and advice about how to improve your application.
You will receive regular training opportunities throughout the year and support is available from the societies coordinator and activities officer if you have any questions. It is a great way to improve your employability by gaining new skills and getting some great experience.
If you're ready to set up a new society or ratify your current society then head to the Society Ratification Pack below to fill out the form.