The Leeds ‘House Hunting’ season begins formally on 18 November when the Unipol list of properties is released. To help you navigate house hunting season, we’ve compiled some of our top tips!
We hope you are settling in and fully enjoying your time at university so far! However, we know from experience, that you will also already be thinking about where you might be living next year.
We want to help you prepare for the Leeds ‘House Hunting’ season which begins formally on 18 November when the Unipol list of properties is released. This is when many current students begin looking for their rented accommodation for the next academic year.
To help you navigate house hunting season, we’ve compiled some of our top tips here:
- Read our House Hunting tips here.
- Build a friendship group and social network by signing up for one of the many Students’ Union volunteering groups or societies.
- Worried about who you are going to live with? Come to one of our Find a Flatmate events! Find out more here.
- Have a think about where you want to live, what type of property you want and what budget you have.
- Understand that signing a tenancy with others named on it makes you jointly and individually liable for the all the costs (and any debts!). Make sure you get anything checked by LBSU Advice Service BEFORE you sign anything. You can get in touch with the Advice Service here.
Still worried about finding your next student home? Don’t be! Unipol and your Students’ Union have joined forces to offer you a quick introduction to House Hunting in Leeds for next academic year. Our short webinar will guide you through everything you need to know and give you key details of events being held this year to help you find flatmates.
Register here for our Housing Webinar at: https://www.unipol.org.uk/advice/students/house-hunting-webinars-2023/
Everyone who signs up and attends this session in full will be entered for a chance to win £100.
Finally, remember take time to prepare and only commit once you are really sure that you and your housemates have found what you need. If you sign too soon and under pressure, you may find that you are stuck in a house or household that isn’t right for you.
Please get in touch with the Leeds Beckett Students’ Union Advice Service before you sign if you have any questions or want to get your contract checked.