What’s the problem?

  • I have a dispute with my housemate.

  • I have a dispute with my landlord.

What can we do to help?

On making contact with the Students’ Union Advice Service, we will:

  • Discuss the issue with you as well as any concerns you may have.

  • Advise as to the options you have and any deadlines.

  • Advise on your rights and obligations under the tenancy contract and the law.

  • Support you to draw up a plan of action.

  • Assist with any correspondence where appropriate.  

  • Refer you to further support services as necessary.

How can you contact us for advice?

Email: You can email your query to us at suadvice@leedsbeckett.ac.uk and an Adviser will get back to you. Please try to give as much information as possible relating to your query when you email us.

Drop In to speak to an Adviser: You can call in to see an Adviser during our drop in hours either at City or Headingley Campus. You can find our drop in times here.

Phone to speak to an Adviser: If we have no Advisers available to take your call our reception will take some details from you and pass your information on to us and we will get back in contact with you. If we are unable to get through to you on the phone we will send you an email to let you know we have been unable to get through. If you have provided reception with details relating to your query, we can also send you information that might help. Our number will come up as withheld so keep this in mind when you are waiting for a call back.

Book an Appointment with an Adviser: We have a number of appointments throughout the week at both City and Headingley Campus’ you just need to call 0113 812 8400 and ask to book an appointment with an Adviser and reception will be able to see if there are any at a time that suits you. If not, then they will recommend one of the other ways of contacting us.

How can Unipol help?

If you rent from a Code landlord, Unipol can help to resolve your complaint. Most Code landlords will get on with your repair and resolve the issue straight away, however in the unlikely event that this doesn’t happen, Unipol has a complaints process in place meaning they can intervene and work with you and your landlord to resolve the problem.

If your landlord is not a Unipol Code member, they are still able to point you in the right direction for advice. You can find them on Woodhouse Lane just up from city campus. To make a complaint to Unipol or to find out more head here.


Registered in England Company Number: 7103465
Registered Charity Number: 1139314