As a major contributor to the local area, we are working hard to increase our positive impacts on the environment, economy, and society.
Our core service at Leeds Beckett is education. By becoming a volunteer with the sustainability team you will gain the knowledge and skills to make more sustainable decisions and impacts.
To hopefully begin, start of April 2021 – Restrictions permitting
Here at Leeds Beckett University we are a Hedgehog Friendly Campus! This is an exciting new scheme which supports our biodiversity and protects the hedgehogs!
We need student volunteers to help us fundraise, network, and run surveys so we can achieve a Silver Award. This is a friendly enviroment, with rewarding work for you and your wellbeing.
What will I be doing:
• Regular student litter-picks – across both campus’ and surrounding areas
• Campaigning – on campus or social media.
• Fundraising – For the British Hedgehog Preservation Society.
• Networking - both in and outside of university
• Hedgehog surveys
We’re looking for:
• Enthusiasm for sustainability and biodiversity
• Organisation skills
• Good written and verbal communication
• Knowledge of campus and surrounding areas
• IT skills
I’ll need to commit:
• Minimum 2hrs fortnightly
• There are opportunities for extra responsibilities throughout the year
What will I gain? :
• Survey training
• Broad Network
• Event organising skills
• Regular time outdoors is great for mental wellbeing
• Hedgehog Friendly Campus membership, becoming a University Hedgehog Champion
What support will I get? :
• Hedgehog Friendly campus Induction
• Litter-pick equipment
• Support event organising
To find out more or get involved email:
Minimum commitment level: Twice a month
Start Date: 01-04-2021