Who should apply?
The University has launched a Covid-19 Support Fund, to provide students with additional support towards costs associated with the pandemic. These costs may include rent, IT equipment, connectivity services and general hardship. If that applies to you then you should apply to this fund.
Who shouldn’t apply?
Previous applicants to the University’s Hardship Fund need not apply, as the University is conducting an exercise to review existing applications. If you try to apply for the Covid Support Fund but have already applied to the Hardship Fund you will not be able to access the Covid Support Fund application form and will receive an error message.
If you received £0 from the Hardship fund but your circumstances have now changed you need to email email@example.com requesting an appeal, explaining how your circumstances have changed and attach any evidence of this.
If you did received some money but your circumstances have now changed you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org requesting an appeal, explaining how your circumstances have changed and attach any evidence of this.
What sort of information should I include in my supporting statement?
To help you think about what sort of things to include we have posed some questions below:
- Do you have any dependants (children)?
- Do you need money to boost your internet connection?
- Do you have IT/tech access issues because of a lack of money?
- Are you paying a contribution to your parents if you are staying at home whilst also paying your rent for university accommodation?
- If you have quite a bit of money in your account for a specific reason explain what this is (paying fees/childcare etc).
- Are you unable to pay your rent due to lack of access to part time work due to the pandemic?
What evidence will you need to provide?
- You need to provide 1 month’s bank statement. If you are unable to download a copy, then a screen grab will be accepted but it must show one full month.
- If you are renting you will need to provide a copy of your tenancy agreement. If you don’t have a copy, contact your landlord asap to request a copy.
- If you are a student parent, you will be asked to upload evidence of your dependent children.
What is the deadline for applying?
You should make your application ASAP but make sure you include all the relevant evidence and supporting information to explain your financial hardship. Applications will close on 21st March.
Where is the link to apply?
Click here to apply!
Can someone have a look at my draft supporting statement before I apply for the fund?
Yes, you can email a draft supporting statement to the Students’ Union Advice Service and they can provide you with feedback. Please note they cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.
What if I need more financial support?
Those who need more support after they have received a response to their application to this fund can submit a Hardship Fund application.